80 Parramatta Road, Underwood, Qld, 4119
Offset printing offers extremely high-quality and detailed printing. Offset printing works very well for large quantities and prints at high speed. The state-of-the-art printing presses at Kingswood can print thousands of copies in an hour. Offset printing can print both large and small formats.
If you want to print 1,000 copies or more of posters, brochures, magazines and so on, then you should consider our offset printing option. Here we describe the process to you in a bit more detail, so you know exactly what it is we are offering and why it works so well for large run printing.
Offset printing is a printing method where the ink is not directly placed on the medium. Following a stepwise process, the ink is transferred between carriers before it finally meets the paper or cloth. These are the steps involved:
1. You send us the text and images that need to be printed.
2. We prepare printing plates using the information you send us. A separate plate is prepared for each of the primary processing colours.
3. Before printing, the plates are dampened in the areas where there is no image or text. This keeps the ink from spreading to those areas and prevents smudging.
4. The ink is then applied to the text and image areas using rollers. Black, cyan, magenta and yellow are applied separately to the individual plates.
5. The image is then transferred to a rubber blanket from the printing plates.
6. Finally, the rubber blanket makes an imprint on the medium.
7. The medium is run through each press separately to be imprinted with the four colours. These four colours are enough to give you the full spectrum.
The processes, though multiple, are very quick. The method of using water to stop the ink from spreading to the non-image areas keeps the images sharp.
As we mentioned earlier, offset printing can be used for large and small formats as well on different mediums. If you are printing a magazine, brochures or a book and you need large quantities, you should use offset printing. If you are having a hard time deciding between offset and digital printing, feel free to contact us with your questions. Based on your requirements, we will be able to guide you on which method works best for you.
At Kingswood, you can select the size and medium you need and send us what you want to be printed. We take extreme care to produce high-quality printing plates that result in the best quality prints.
Kingswood Print and Signage Welcomes the Fuji PC1120 and EC1100 Digital Printers In the ever-evolving world of printing, innovation and quality are paramount. At Kingswood Print and Signage, we’re thrilled to announce a major leap forward in our printing capabilities with the addition of two cutting-edge Fuji Digital Printers – the PC1120 and the EC1100. […]
So you’re investing in print marketing for your business – Great! Let’s make sure you get it right the first time. This guide takes you through 10 of the most common mistakes we’ve seen aspiring business owners make, often because they’re unaware of simple tips which can save them thousands of dollars in lost revenue. […]
If you think using non-digital marketing methods in the current digitally evolved world is no...
Pull up banners and real estate signs are great ways to promote brands and businesses.
Leave a Great First Impression?. The little rectangles that you carry around in your pocket,
As a company dealing in print media and signage, we are always looking to provide the best...